Table of Contents
- 1 How do I fix my Brother printer not scanning?
- 2 How do I get my Brother printer to scan to my computer?
- 3 Why won’t my scanner connect to my computer?
- 4 How do I get my Brother printer to scan to PDF?
- 5 Why does my scanner not work?
- 6 How do I fix No scanner detected?
- 7 Why is my Brother scanner not connecting to the network?
- 8 How to check if your brother machine is connected to the wireless?
How do I fix my Brother printer not scanning?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Step 1: Verify the Brother machine is powered on and there are no errors.
- Step 2: Check the connection.
- Step 3: Check your Brother machine is available to print.
- Step 4: Check the scanner driver.
- Step 5: Check the IP Address of your Brother machine.
- Step 6: Set the IP Address on the Scanner Driver.
Why does my Brother printer work but not my scanner?
Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again. Open Control Panel and select System and Security.
How do I get my Brother printer to scan to my computer?
Scan a document in Windows 8 or later.
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8)
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
Why is my printer working but not my scanner?
Printer scanning to computer may not work because scan to PC setting is either disabled. The other reason behind scan function not working can be that the complete drivers are not installed on the system or PC. Then, restart both the PC & printer and try to scan again using HP printer. HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Why won’t my scanner connect to my computer?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.
How do I reset my Brother printer?
Press the Up arrow key select Reset.
- Press the Settings button.
- Press All Settings.
- Press Initial Setup.
- Press Reset.
- Press All Settings or Factory Reset (depends on which model you have).
- Press Yes.
- Press Yes again and hold for two seconds.
How do I get my Brother printer to scan to PDF?
Click the DEVICE BUTTON tab for scanning from the Brother machines SCAN key or the SOFTWARE BUTTON tab for scanning from within the Control Center application. 4. From the File Type dropdown menu, select PDF and then click OK.
How do I get my scanner to recognize my computer?
- Check the Scanner. Check the scanner is connected to a working power supply if required and that it’s powered on.
- Check the Connection. Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends.
- Check the Software.
- Further Troubleshooting.
Why does my scanner not work?
How do you troubleshoot a scanner problem?
General scanner troubleshooting
- Verify cables connected properly to the back of the scanner.
- Ensure that the scanner is getting power.
- Parallel port scanner troubleshooting.
- PC Windows users verify no TSRs are running in the background.
- Verify the LPT port mode.
- Update the drivers.
How do I fix No scanner detected?
No scanners were detected on Windows 10
- Check Scanner setup.
- Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
- Disable and Re-enable Windows Fax and Scan.
- Reconfigure the Scanner.
- Update the Scanner Drivers.
How do I install a scanner on my Brother machine?
If the scanner icon of your Brother machine does not exist there, you need to install the scanner driver. Go to Downloads section of this website and download Full Driver & Software Package. The installation instructions are available on the download page. Obtain the machine’s IP address by printing a Network Configuration List.
Why is my Brother scanner not connecting to the network?
It’s possible that the network setting for the scanner driver is incorrect. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue: NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and operating system, and may differ from your Brother machine and operating system. Step 1: Verify the Brother machine is powered on and there are no errors
What should I do if my scanner won’t scan?
Make sure that you’re able to scan into a different application such as the Scanner and Camera Wizard or Windows Fax and Scan. This will determine if the issue is with the scanner driver or a ControlCenter4 setting. The available scan application will vary depending on the Operating System.
How to check if your brother machine is connected to the wireless?
Press a button on the machine to see if it wakes from sleep mode. If it does not, then verify that it is plugged into a working outlet and any power switches are turned to the ON position. If you are unable to power on the machine, then this solution does not apply. Troubleshoot this hardware issue. Check the LCD screen for any error messages.