Table of Contents
- 1 What is the rarest 2 pound coin?
- 2 What is the misprint on the 1807 2 coin?
- 3 What two pound coins are worth money?
- 4 What is the rarest coin in the UK?
- 5 What coins are worth keeping?
- 6 What are the best UK coins to collect?
- 7 How much is a 2 pound coin worth?
- 8 Which is the rarest 2 pound coin in the world?
What is the rarest 2 pound coin?
Based on mintage figures, the top ten rarest £2 coins are as follows:
- Olympic Games Handover to London (2008), Mintage: 918,000.
- King James Bible (2011), Mintage: 975,000.
- Olympic Games of 1908 (2008), Mintage: 910,000.
- Mary Rose (2011), Mintage: 1,040,000.
- London Underground logo (2013), Mintage: 1,560,000.
What is the misprint on the 1807 2 coin?
The most common error with these Slave Trade coins is where the inscription around the edge is printed upside down. It should be read upright when the face of the coin is at the top, rather than the heads side.
Is the Magna Carta 2 coin worth anything?
£2 Coin 2015 Magna Carta Collector Value: £3.01 is a mid-point price for 2015 Magna Carta £2 coins marked as sold on eBay UK. The price range for a good condition circulated example of this £2 coin is between £3.00 and £3.15.
Are 2 coins valuable?
Rare £2 coins that were minted with an error could now be worth £500. The 2014 First World War Centenary coins were produced with the denomination of “two pounds” missing from the design. Experts Coin Hunter say that only two like this have been identified which is why they could reach high prices at auction.
What two pound coins are worth money?
The 10 most valuable and rare 50p and £2 coins in circulation – and how much they’re worth
- 2009 Kew Gardens 50p. (Photo: Shutterstock)
- 2002 N. Ireland Commonwealth Games £2.
- 2002 Wales Commonwealth Games £2.
- 2015 Navy £2.
- 2015 Britannia £2.
- 2002 England Commonwealth Games £2.
- 2017 Shield 50p.
- 2017 Sir Isaac Newton 50p.
What is the rarest coin in the UK?
The famous 2009 Kew Gardens 50p remains the most coveted coin in circulation, with a mintage of just 210,000. Other rare designs include the 2011 Olympic 50p’s and the highly collectible Peter Rabbit series.
Is an 1807 2 coin worth anything?
A normal, circulated 1807 2 pound coin is only worth its £2 face value. Coin collectors, or numismatics, are always looking for rare examples of common circulation coins. These ‘valuable mint error’ coins were no such thing; they are not rare coins, and are worth only their face value £2.
How rare is a Sherlock Holmes 50p?
So how rare is the 2019 Sherlock Holmes 50p coin? With 8,602,000 copies of the coin put into circulation in 2019, the coin is not one of the scarcer 50p coins out there, and examples in average condition will be worth little more than face value.
What coins are worth keeping?
8 Valuable Coins in Circulation Today
- 1943 Lincoln Head Copper Penny.
- 1955 Doubled Die Penny.
- 1969-S Lincoln Cent with Doubled Die Obverse.
- 1982 No Mint Mark Roosevelt Dime.
- 1999-P Connecticut Broadstruck Quarter.
- 2004 Wisconsin State Quarter With Extra Leaf.
- 2005-P “In God We Rust” Kansas State Quarter.
What are the best UK coins to collect?
Most valuable and rare UK coins wanted by collectors
- 1973 EEC 50 Pence Coin – valued at £3,000.
- 2012 London Olympics Aquatics Fifty Pence – valued at £1,500.
- 1983 Two Pence “New Pence” Coin – valued at £500.
- 2015 Silver Two Pence Coin – valued at £485.
- 2009 Kew Gardens Fifty Pence Coin – valued at £170.
What is the rarest 1 pound coin?
According to the blog ChangeChecker, the rarest one pound coin currently in circulation is the Edinburgh £1. The coin was part of a series depicting the four capital cities of the UK and is the only £1 coin with a mintage below one million.
What is the most sought after coin?
9 of the most valuable coins in the world
- The 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar. picture alliance/Getty Images.
- The 1787 Brasher Doubloon.
- The 1787 Fugio cent.
- The 723 Umayyad Gold Dinar.
- The 1343 Edward III Florin.
- The 1943 Lincoln Head Copper Penny.
- The 2007 $1 Million Canadian Gold Maple Leaf.
- 1913 Liberty Head V Nickel.
How much is a 2 pound coin worth?
P erhaps you have asked yourself this question: how much is my £ 2 coin worth? There are several rare 2 pound coins in circulation. The vast majority of them were issued to celebrate some kind of special event. The value of these rare British coins does not only depend on their rarity or age.
Which is the rarest 2 pound coin in the world?
This £2 coin price guide shows current eBay prices for circulation coins and answers your 2 pound coin related questions. Which designs are worth money? What coins are the rarest and have the lowest mintage?
Why are there missing letters on a £2 coin?
Missing letters sometimes occurs on £2 coins, particularly with letters such as ‘I’ where the down-stroke coincides with the milling around the edge. As the coin wears down over time, the letter becomes less defined.
When was the first £2 coin in circulation?
£2 Coins in Circulation. The familiar bi-metallic UK £2 coin was introduced in 1998 (the first was actually dated 1997).